Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When lines of communication get crossed..

...it is unerving...and irritating...

This must be the second time that I have purportedly "misunderstood" what was said..

I know that I am 40 but my grey brain cells are still in fine operating form...

The Yummy Mummy was conceived a few weeks ago and it was specifically stated that it would be open to people who we think are lonely and would like to be part of a group...

So I have this acquiantance .- who I had said I would like to include into the Yummy Mummy group - at the outset, at the conception so to speak..

And now, when I call to tell the host of the next Yummy Mummy soiree that my acquiantance will be joining us - she nows reveals that she could not remember what was said.

This is not an exclusive club and there is no need to be high nosed about inviting other people into the group. The objective of this meeting is NOT about eating and stuffing our faces but about mingling, talking, communicating, chilling out and for us to know that despite being in this strange land we call Germany, that there is an outlet for us to just be ourselves and let down our guard.

I am disappointed - from someone who anyway did not think too much of the idea anyway of Yummy Mummies in the first place.

Maybe it is just the bad vibes that I have been inundated with in the first place that's making me feel like this...impatience with petty people...

I am not forgetful - some people feign forgetfulness...one time too many...

No comments:

Post a Comment