Thursday, December 3, 2009

Geared into action...

Whew! Since the last post, my schedule has been packed. My house, before my sanctuary, Padded Room, Jail Cell, is now just a diner stop - or maybe more like a motel. I zip in and out - sometimes even relishing 5 minutes of quiet time.

Anyway, the Yummy Mummies met up for the first time for breakfast - congee and coffee. As you can guess, the Yummy Mummies are anything but German - so we can do away with the whole Continental Breakfast aka Nothing Much bullshit.

Allow me to digress here a trifle bit but what IS the deal with Continental Breakfast?? I do not get it - juices, muesli, yoghurt, fat free milk or half and half - dull and utterly pointless. I do really think that when forcing oneselves to feast on Continental Breakfast - this whole pinky-sticking-out whilst drinking coffee from a cup just makes me want to pull my eyelashes hair by hair. It's all the tink-tink-tink sounds that drives me up the wall!!!!

The good thing with Yummy Mummies is that we can put Danish snaily shaped buns, croissants (so flaky and buttery - they are just irritatingly messy), muesli (which is just a fancy word for low grade cardboard really) - out of comission and feast on the food that really makes us feel worthwhile. Congee and coffee, or the fried noodles, or nasi lemak or roti canai - now those are breakfasts fit for a king and the only ones worthy to start the day.

The only downside to the Yummy Mummy meet was the weather - wet, gloomy, miserably cold. Even my silver Toyota could not shed more pizazz into the gloom but that was where the congee came in handy - it went down silky smooth - into the red lanes and warmed up every iced up pore.

Topics discussed were various - we even touched on income tax declarations - a bit dry admittedly on that score - but at least, we were being pragmatic. Admittedly, we got into discussing as to how a discounted Burberry light down jacket was just the thing to have in between seasons - a bit longer than expected - but the discussion then turned to issue that we all face in real life.

At times, I felt that it was unreal - I hear my voice - but is it me really talking and laughing at all the right places? Too early to tell - but I will observe these facets more as we go along.

For now, I do relish that tomorrow morning is appointment free. No gym, no coffee, no errands to run in the city - I am free to ravish my Padded Cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment